- City of Fitzgerald requires any person owning or having custody of a dog, except tourists or visitors who stay less than thirty (30) days within the City of Fitzgerald, shall apply for and obtain from the Animal Shelter a separate dog license for each dog they own, possess, keep, or harbor, after it is four (4) months old. Sec. 5.141 Dog License Required
- Ben Hill County requires that any person, who owns or possesses a dog that is kept or permitted to run at large within the unincorporated area of the county, must obtain a license for that dog. Sec. 10-78
- Dog Licenses must be renewed on or before the 31st of March of each year.
- The dog owner shall securely affix the current license tag to the collar or harness of the dog for which the license tag was issued and shall ensure that the dog wears such license tag at all times.
- The owner of such dog shall provide proof that the rabies vaccination is valid by presenting a valid rabies certificate when applying for license or renewal of a license.
- Licenses may be obtained by visiting the Fitzgerald Ben Hill County Animal Shelter.