The Fitzgerald Ben Hill County Landfill is a jointly owned facility operated under a Landfill Commission. We provide industrial and construction waste collection, operate a Municipal Solid Waste transfer station, and Inert disposal site under an operator license from the Georgia Environmental Protection Division.
accepted & non-accepted waste
Accepted Waste Types
Non-Accepted Waste Types
Residents of Ben Hill and Irwin Counties may rent a roll-off dumpster by calling the Landfill to set up a drop-off date and location. Metals and tires need to be separated and no liquid/hazardous waste may be placed in the dumpster. To rent a dumpster, please email us or call us at (229) 426-5075.
Gate fees are due at time of service and may be payed in cash, debit, or check (payable to Firzgerald-Ben Hill Landfill)
- household trash - $42/ton
- limb and leaf debris - $20/ton
- construction/demolition debris - $40/ton
- furniture/carpet/etc. - $40/ton
- pickup/car tires (off the rim) - $5/tire
- semi tires (off the rim) - $12/tire
- appliances/metal rims/scrap metal - FREE
The Fitzgerald-Ben Hill County Landfill offers recycling services for the following items:
- tires (pickup/car tires, off the rim - $5/tire; semi tires, off the rim - $12/tire)
- car batteries
- All loads must be covered or secured.
- All materials dumped become the property of the Fitzgerald-Ben Hill County Landfill - no scavenging is allowed.
- Out-of-town garbage is accepted with prior approval. Please call before you haul.